Thursday, January 13, 2011

of late

1. Ada was stuck with a plate full of food that she didn't want to eat. She thought for a minute and said "Oh no! Wobbers coming!" Not quite catching the significance of this statement, I asked her to explain. It turns out that THESE wobbers were Bremen wobbers. And as we all know from the Bremen Town Musicians, Bremen wobbers take peoples food and eat it all up. Voila! Problem solved.

2. square day= mini Mondrians


3. Someone (not mentioning any names) figured out how to lock our bedroom door. Right as we were tidying up for company. Thus, everything we might use to UNlock the door was in the room. (But don't worry, the culprit wasn't locked in. He/she was too wise for that.) After a few hours of poking and twisting that darn doornob, I started envisioning a life wearing plastic bags on my feet, cuddling up on a toddler bed, or at least trying a decent karate kick to the door. Thank goodness for a good husband who thought to find a pair of boots in a car trunk and go buy a screw driver that would actually fit into the keyhole.

6 comments:

Jennilee said...

haha i love it. she is so awesome!!

robyn said...

smart cookie!

Laurie said...

This post had me laughing so hard. :) I love the art, too. What a funny, funny girl. I'm sorry you got locked out, though. Carol has locked me out of the house twice and it Stinks.

Jenny said...

Oh she is so smart and adorable! So glad Julia & I are your friends. How frustrating to be locked out. Glad it turned out okay and you got a good story from it!

This Old Farmhouse Millville said...

Well I am not surprised about the lockout seeing as she is creating famous works of art! At least she didn't not lock you guys out from the bathroom! This happened to me once while babysitting and the 2 year old brother was in the bathtub! I had to take the door off!

Jen said...

And so it begins...we keep the little doorknob openers all over the house...let's just say we learned from experience!