Oh how I love these!
First, this is the book I got when I was about 10. It has some good ideas for patterns.
Cut circle frames out of cardstock (I traced some plates and bowls) and tissue paper circles that are a similar size. Note- I used the garbage from the large frames to make smaller frames. Love my exacto.

Fold the circles of paper. I myself like the look of stars folded into sixteenths. You may be an eighth or a twelfth (really? twelFth? how do you say that?) kind of person.
The easiest star that Ada was able to do: Mark where the frame will sit on the tissue paper. Draw a curve across all four colors.


Open circles of tissue paper and glue to frame. If you want a flower- alternate the curves like on the pink flower (see last picture.) If you want a star- align the seams like this one.


Voila! I plan on making another gothic-window one soon. I will try to post the cutting pattern when I do that.


Oh yeah, the top left one is just half circles of red, yellow and blue. Ada and I are doing some color theory this week.
Let there be color!




8 comments:
a. these are incredible
b. i don't know what color theory is, but i'm going to look it up
c. can you please teach hazel, clearly i am falling short!
:)
I LOVE IT!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for show me how!
I wanted to say, Tag, you're it, but we're neck and neck. I put some new ones on my blog today.
wow! These are amazing! I agree, that January needs more color. What a beautiful idea! I really love them.
my goodness those look amazing and you make it seem easy but i really don't know if they are!! so good job!
awesome Katie! I think we have an activity to family night tomorrow!
these are amazing!! I can hardly wait to try them with some of my classes. thank you for sharing
what size tissue paper works?
what size tissue paper works?
Post a Comment