Wednesday, November 12, 2008

et tu, brute?

Yes, me too. I'm slightly ashamed to admit it, but I can't wait for the movie to come out. When it comes to the great literary feast of our day, this book falls somewhere in the realm of the giant pixie stix. We COULD have some juicy roast beef, or even some healthy broccoli,... but no. We choose to go for the pixie stix. We know its won't nourish OR strengthen us, but there's no way we're putting it down until the whole tube is gone.

Thank goodness for chances to overload on sugar now and then. Literature-wise and glucose-wise.

(See you in line on the 21st.)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I always love to quote that because I think it's funny to quote it (et tu brute although I thought it was e tu brutus but I think it got mixed up for me because I learned the story in spanish). Anyhow, I will be going to the premiere although I have not yet finished the book. I am borrowing it on Sunday and supposed to get through it by 7:30 on Friday the 21st. I had to finish Pride and Prejudice first (this is more substantial than the pixie sticks) so now I don't have to feel bad about downing this pixie stick bc I just got through my first Jane Austen!

Mel said...

I too am addicted. I never understood the hype until I read them for myself. It is nice to just read something for fun. See you on the 21st.

Alex said...

I like your analogy to pixie sticks. That is perfect. I just finished reading them yesterday. I held off as long as I could, but then gave in and read all four. I'm glad to be done because I have a VERY hard time putting books down. If you really go see it, let me know if it's worth the theatre money or if we should just wait and netflix it.

Alexis said...

Um. The pixie stix (sticks?) analogy is brill. I definitely was on a bit of a sugar high when I finished those books, which was quickly followed by a crash.

I am still excited for the movie though if for no other reason than to be able to spend hours discussing its failings with my mother and sisters. Yay for literary adaptations that don't live up to their print counterparts!

Shannon said...

I'm excited to see the movie too even though I'm positive it will be disappointing. I like your comparison. Way sugary and immature.

Anonymous said...

Eh, no need to be ashamed. I'm going to the movie opening night with my Relief Society's book club group. We're all moms (many in their late 30's), and we're not ashamed to be in the mix with all the crazy teenage fans. :P

Karen said...

embrace it Katie. one of my friends described it as in'n out burger with a side of fries and a box of see's candies to finish it off. just embrace it!!