Over the last three years I've become a big fan. Call it one part bandwagon, one part job security (EVERYONE at my firm is a Phillies fan), and one part legit fandom. Lucky for me, the championship parade started right outside of my office building. A fellow associate and I took our lunch break down there to watch the action. Over 2 MILLION people came out to line the route.

Katie was tempted to bring little Ada downtown to witness it. We're glad she didn't. It was alcohol-soaked craziness.


But wasn't it in the middle of a school day? What's with all the kids? Philadelphians have their priorities straight.

I didn't take this one obviously, but it gives you an idea of the scene. The crowds were this deep for the whole 4 miles.
2 comments:
Holy Crap that is crazy! Man that is awesome. I am hyped up enough about any team to have me out in that crowd. I am glad Katie satyed in with ADA...kind of scary. Love to see a city come together for something like this though.
Yay! I'm glad to see so many kids there. Give the teachers a break. I think that they should have cancelled school.
Post a Comment