Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My hidden gourmet side

A cold rainy day convinced me to eat some comfort food for lunch. As I was licking my lips afterward, it struck me that not everyone would know how to create such a delicious lunch. Here is my recipe.

Take two slices of

Spread some

on it, throw in some

and YUM!
(I must give credit to my mom for this concoction. Since Glen doesn't like pickles, I don't share with him... poor guy.)

Follow the sandwich up with a little

(but please make sure you slurp a lot) and you are now officially Katie.



P.S. While searching for pictures of ramen noodles, I found this dress and almost cried.

7 comments:

David Wiggins said...

Wow! That's got to be a very uncomfortable dress. I would not enjoy wearing a dress made of packaging like that. Come to think of it... I wouldn't be thrilled about wearing a dress either.

Shannon said...

That dress is amazing. There are some very dedicated Ramen lovers out there. I don't mind peanut butter and pickles. I don't think I've had one in a few years, but I recall I liked it. Glad you got to enjoy a nice lunch.

Seamore Tomato said...

Hmmmm....I'm glad we didn't stay for lunch! :)

I want that Ramen dress. It would be so cool for Halloween.

lisa said...

So I'm scrolling through the pictures and as soon as I saw the peanut butter, I knew what was coming. Though I was surprised the ramen was chicken and not shrimp. Have things really changed that much?

David said...

It's not shrimp because they changed their recipe and now shrimp flavor just isn't as good, right, Katie? Now chicken is good and everything, but I'm more of an oriental flavor guy, myself. It used to be chicken, but I got kinda' tired of that one. Before chicken it was beef... ahh Ramen. I've been loving it for 20 years and I don't think that's going to change any time soon :)

Katie said...

I love the outpouring of Katie-ramen-trivia.

Lisa, sadly things HAVE changed. Refer to Dave's comment about sad sad changes taking place.

Dave, you know my ramen habits all too well. I would have preferred oriental, but my particular grocery store stopped selling it. Might I add, I am glad my sister married someone with such good taste?

Anonymous said...

2 Funny. That dress is so cool.