Monday, April 12, 2010

Destination: Taxation Without Representation

That's right- we took off for a few days in lovely Washington D.C.! Cherry blossom festival, Smithsonians and 80 degree weather= I love it.
Animals= Ada loves it.
Supreme Court building
There's been a lot of speculation about Obama's Supreme Court short-list. Ada certainly qualifies in the "short" category.

Hide-and-Seek at the Supreme Court building? A Capitol idea!
During the tour of the Capitol, we learned that the statue of Thomas Starr King (representing California) was replaced by a statue of Ronald Reagan. A sad day indeed for one particular Starr King Elementary alumnus.

A wonderful trip!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

What a fun trip! How cool to live so near the nation's capitol. That is more like a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us West Coasters.

Christine said...

I love the puns and the cute pictures! Sad to hear about Starr King. They should have asked. That's not right.

ejb said...

why they gotta hate on SK? i'm gonna grab my lancer and bring the ruckus rita bobita steez.

s e a n said...

D.C. is awesome and you guys make it awesomer.

kelly said...

so fun! you guys are the cutest family.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day. I would love to visit there sometime. You are lucky! I would totally support cute little ADA. She keeps getting cuter!

Sheri said...

you're such a clever family - love your posts!