Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Has Anybody Here Seen Kelly?

K-E-double L- Y?

Happy St. Patrick's Day to Irish revelers everywhere! For FHE a few weeks ago, we decided to figure out our "nationalities recipes" and discovered Glen has 1/256th Irish in him. That means Ada has a claim to 1/512th of this holiday.

The Irish components of our family informed me that I could cry in the corner while the rest of them partied. While I sob over a life-lived-less-green, I will share my own recipe:

Creamed Katie
3/8 Dane
3/8 English
5/32 Swede
1/16 Welsh
1/32 German

Stir vigorously. Shake. Fold until doughy. Add 20+ years of Ramen Noodles and a generous helping of pepper. Enjoy!

7 comments:

robyn said...

funny! we'll adopt you into the fold.

Karen Lubek said...

My favorite flavor! Happy St P's day!

Mr. Allen said...

Funny

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! Delicous. You are so dard cute. I enjoy you funny posts.

Seamore Tomato said...

You forgot the cheese! I should do this with our kids - they'd love it.

David said...

Well, I think the ratios of nationality differ considerably between you and me, but I see the vital ingrediant is the same--RAMEN. Let's have a Ramen holiday, shall we?

David Wiggins said...

I've always wondered about this... when figuring out your recipe when do you consider someone(a relative) to be an ingredient? I mean in my case if I stop at grandparents I can say I'm half canadian but in reality they all came originally from England and other places before then. If I go back far enough... I could just stop at adam and eve and say I'm %100 Edenian, right?